Sunday, March 29, 2009

Akshaye Khanna in "Himalay Putra" (1997), Part One

I finally managed to get a copy of this one and it was worth it - Akshaye was just beautiful in it. He really was a natural actor - even though this was his first movie, you could see the star quality in him right from the start. Here's a couple of his very first frames on film:

Not really sure why they chose that particular shot for his introduction to the world, 'cause he looked so much better elsewhere in the film:

Stunning! And I love his full head of curly hair, too:

Then there was the first sight of his trademark smile:

And, as you see there, he had some fine fur sticking out of his collar:

Then there was this shower scene, in which the camera unfortunately didn't go any lower:

I love how the hair on his arm continues right up to his shoulder and how there's no separation between his chest hair and underarm hair . In fact, I learned something new about Akshaye in this film - he naturally has quite a hairy back - not Anil Kapoor or anything, but some definite werewolf tendencies:

So, much more to come - but for now, I'll leave you with these two little shots:

Now, what could cause him to have an expression like that on his face??

3 comments:

saperlipopette said...

Oh god! Why haven't I seen this movie! Thanks for the treat at the end. BTW I've been lurking your blog now for a few months - love it!

@lankr1ta said...

Oh my goodness, and to think a portion of this was shot in Nainital, almost right behind my house.

Briyanshu said...

Glad you're enjoying the blog, Ms. Popette! It's a hard movie to find - I had to order a copy from Canada and it had no subtitles.

Lankrita - so, did you hang out to get a glimpse of him???